Tuesday 8 January 2013

Early Spring

An advantage of living in Galicia as opposed to the UK is the milder winter weather. Today I noticed some early signs of Spring. The first of my camellia flowers has opened.
Also the Calendulas have continued to flower throughout the winter and look very beautiful.
I also noticed a large bumblebee working the flowering deadnettles which had disappeared by the time I got my camera. We do get overnight frosts here and the ponds ice up overnight but thaw within an hour of the sun hitting them.

At the moment I have my neighbours Billy Goat visiting my girls. There is a lot of chasing and grumbling but not very much 'action'. The girls do not seem as keen as he is on the idea of procreation.
Perhaps they are waiting for warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment